Writing of the full proposal in cooperation with the project coordinator.
CESAR aims for a breakthrough in the development of low-cost post-combustion CO2 capture technology to provide economically feasible solutions for both new power plants and retrofit of existing power plants which are responsible for the majority of all anthropogenic CO2 emissions.
The primary objective is to decrease the cost of capture down to 15 €/tCO2.
Facts & Figures
- The scientific evidence for man-made changes in the earth's climate as a result of greenhouse gas emissions (in particular CO2) is generally accepted.
- In January 2007, the European Commission recommended new targets to cut their collective greenhouse gas emissions by 20 percent from the 1990 level by 2020 with the ambition to go to a 30% cut if other non-EU states are prepared to collaborate.
- Project duration: 36 months.
- Eur 4 million funded by EC FP7
- Start date: 1 February 2008
- End date: 30 May 2011
Transport und mobilität
Energie und Umwelt
Werkstoffe und Verfahrenstechnik
Tel: +49 (0)30 - 683 25 791+49 (0)30 - 683 25 791