CIVITAS - POINTER project
The role of Uniresearch
Writing of the full proposal in cooperation with the project coordinator; Contract Negotiations; Administrative project management, setting-up and hosting the project website and keeping track of the project technical and financial progress.
How can cities achieve a more sustainable, clean and energy efficient urban transport system by implementing and evaluating an ambitious, integrated set of technology and policy based measures? That is the issue that the CIVITAS (CIty-VITAlity-Sustainability) project aims to tackle.
The CIVITAS POINTER project will disseminate best practices in monitoring and evaluation and will develop evaluation methodologies that will also be used in other large-scale (EU) projects. All the information will be translated to policy recommendations at EU level. These results and lessons learnt in evaluation will be disseminated for further use in other major EU projects.
Facts & Figures
- CIVITAS I started in early 2002 (within the 5th Framework Research Programme) and finished in late 2006;
- CIVITAS II started in early 2005 (within the 6th Framework Research Programme) and will run until mid 2009.
- Within CIVITAS I there were 19 cities clustered in 4 demonstration projects, whilst within CIVITAS II 17 cities in 4 demonstration projects are taking part.
- These 36 cities all over Europe have been funded by the EU with 100 M € and the overall budget of the Initiative is more than 300 M €
- Start date: 15 September 2008
- The initiative is currently in its third phase, CIVITAS Plus (september 2008 to march 2013), and 25 cities are now working together on five collaborative projects .
Transport und mobilität
Energie und Umwelt
Werkstoffe und Verfahrenstechnik
Tel: +49 (0)30 - 683 25 791+49 (0)30 - 683 25 791