CIVITAS - WIKI project
Writing of the full proposal in cooperation with the project coordinator; Contract Negotiations; Administrative project management, setting-up and hosting the project website and keeping track of the project technical and financial progress.
The ultimate goal of the CIVITAS project is to achieve “Cleaner and Better Transport in Cities”. Since 2002, a growing number of cities are interested to participate in the CIVITAS as demonstrator, learner or supporter of innovation in urban transport. The current fourth stage of CIVITAS (called CIVITAS plus II) will build on the experiences of the previous and on-going stages. (CIVITAS I, II and Plus)
The CIVITAS WIKI project will be the Coordination and Support Action (CSA) for CIVITAS PLUS II. CIVITAS WIKI aims at a.o. an interactive cooperation between cities, positive interaction between other projects in the CIVITAS community, a well perceived Support Function, and creating interest about CIVITAS among potential follower cities in Europe.
Facts & figures
- Full Name: Coordination, dissemination and evaluation of CIVITAS Plus II
- Acronym: CIVITAS Plus II – WIKI
- Start date: 1 December 2012
- End date: 30 November 2016
- EU Funding: 2,9 M€
- Total budget: 4,1 M€
- CIVITAS I started in early 2002 (within the 5th Framework Research Programme) and finished in late 2006;
- CIVITAS II started in early 2005 (within the 6th Framework Research Programme) and will run until mid 2009;
- CIVITAS Plus started in late 2008 (within the 7th Framework Research Programme) and will run until mid 2013;
- Within CIVITAS I, II and Plus 61 cities all over Europe have been funded by the EU with 180 M € and the overall budget is more than 300 M €
- The initiative is currently in its fourth phase, CIVITAS Plus II (December 2012 to November 2016), and 8 cities are now working together within two collaborative projects. CIVITAS-WIKI acts as coordinating body for this 4th phase of CIVITAS, and is supporting the cities