Writing of the full proposal in cooperation with the project coordinator; Contract Negotiations; Administrative project management, setting-up and hosting the project website and keeping track of the project technical and financial progress.
Thoracic injuries are one of the dominant causes for fatalities and injuries in car crashes today. The tools available today for studying these injuries are not up to par with the latest implementation of restraint systems and airbags.
The THORAX Project will focus on reduction and prevention of thoracic injuries through:
- Understading of the thoracic injury mechanisms
- Implement this understanding in numerical computer models and
- Implementation of an updated THORAX design in a crash test dummy
Facts & Figures
- About 41,600 people were killed and more than 1.7 million injured in European road accidents in 2005.
- Although the number of road fatalities has declined by more than 17% since 2001, more efforts will have to be made to meet the EC's target of halving the number of deaths in the period between 2001 and 2010.
- Total funding: € 2,968,850
- Start date: 1 February 2009
- Eind date: 30 April 2013
Transport und mobilität
Energie und Umwelt
Werkstoffe und Verfahrenstechnik
Tel: +49 (0)30 - 683 25 791+49 (0)30 - 683 25 791